3 Programmes Designed To Change Countless Lives...
Child ProtectionThis project seeks to reduce the vulnerability of children in adversities as a result of poverty, HIV, TB and disability by enhancing the extent to which households provide a supportive and stimulating learning environment to children on various aspects of development (physical, social, emotional, language and cognitive development). Read More This programme has various projects that interact wholly to provide the ultimate goal of protecting children. These projects are:
Family Centred Support(FCS)Family Centred Support project is divided into two projects that is Family Centred Support 1 (FCS 1) and Family Centred Support 2 (FCS 2). Both FCS 1 and 2 conduct:
- Support Groups
- Family Assessments
- OVC Assessments
- Counselling Sessions
People Living With H.I.V. (PLWHIV)Mashambanzou Care Trust has a holistic aproach to the well-being of family. We believe that if the parent/guardian is well and economically strengthened so are the children and the family as a whole. This programme focusses on those individuals infected and affected by the H.I.V and A.I.D.S pandemic. Under this program treatment schemes and economic strengthening. The included projects are:
Let the statistics speak.
Treated HIV patients
The number of patients treated continues to grow on a daily basis. HIV treatment is one of our core mandates.
SRH and HIV awareness participants
Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) awareness and HIV prevention campaigns hava seen thousands of children participating. This figure continues to grow.
Awareness and Prevention Participants
HIV and STI awareness and prevention campaigns have seen thousand of participants attending and been educated.
Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) have been supported through our activities, OVCs are supported in a variety of ways.
What We Do
- Care for the sick in their homes
- Provide counselling and psychosocial support to their families
- Treat opportunistic infections
- Ensure comprehensive care and follow-up
- Refer people in need to clinics and other community-based support
- Identify, refer and follow-up patients on anti-retroviral therapy
- Deliver life-honouring palliative care
- Distribute medicines, soap and nutrition to home-based patients and orphans
- Supply blankets to orphans
- Assist orphans with school fees, uniforms and school supplies
- Offer grief and bereavement counselling, particularly to orphans
- Provide spiritual support
- Impart life skills
- Encourage voluntary counselling and testing
- Fight stigma and discrimination through public awareness
- Provide information, education and counselling materials
- Reach out through education and counselling specifically focused on coping with stigma
- Train volunteers in basic care management
- Train primary caregivers
- Mobilise communities and empower them to take charge